Mission Call

Mission Call

Dropping CJ off at the MTC!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 13, 2010

Hello Family!

The work is going great!! We are so excited for the baptism of the Gadil couple tomorrow!! Ivy has been so nervous about bearing her testimony after the baptism so she has been practicing while she is home with the kids... haha. She says she is good to go now... she isnt nervous. I love this family! We have so much fun teaching and laughing with them.
We had a family home evening at the Gadil's house and two member families came and one investifator family. Filipinos play the funnest, most creative games! I cant wait to come home and play them with you! Also, if you lose you have to perform a talent so be working on your talents! It was so much fun and we had a great lesson on the Tree of Life vision. I encourage you to read and study the vision.... this is the scripture of the week... 1 Nephi chapters 8 and 11.
We taught them also about temples on tuesday and asked them how they felt after the lesson and they said "EXCITED!" They also want both S. Barroca and I to be there for their temple sealing next year. They have been prepared. They are a testimony to me that this really is the work of the Lord. My calling is big but i love it! You know they say... "go big or go home!"

We found some very talkative new investigators. Its a little difficult for me to follow them at times which makes me scared to possibly not have S. Barroca as a companion next week if she gets transferred. But then i just remind myself that this is the work of the Lord and whatever im called to do i can do. I need to always accept and magnify my calling!

So Sister Barroca wanted to go jogging this week. Her goal was to go every day but after the first day she was super sore and every morning didnt want to go... haha. At least i got to get out and run once. It felt REALLY good! Maybe ill be able to convinve my next companion to run with me in the mornings. Pray for me to have a athletic companion :)

Last night had fun learning some new games and playing snakes and ladders... i lost 9 times but won once! I love learning from the little kids here in the Philippines! They are the best help!

Well i love you and am praying for you all!

Gugma!
Sister Carissa Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment