Mission Call

Mission Call

Dropping CJ off at the MTC!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

August 30, 2010

Work is great!

This week we didnt do much teaching because we had a Leadership Training Meeting. There is new curriculum from the apostles and a few missionaries in all the areas are being trained on it. My comp and i were invited. It was a spiritual retreat! Three days packed of knowledge and the Spirit! Cant even explain how great they were. Ive never done so many rold plays in my entire life!! It was fun to get to know some of the missionaries in the mission better! And our assistants right now are amazing... love them both! Each night we went out in Sogod (thats where the training was) and visited members and investigators. The cebuano was a little different but it was fun to learn and adapt to. you change the y's to j's... kinda funny. We had some great visits and really relied on the Spirit!
Back in our area Sat night we applied our trainings to one of out investigator families that we love so much! The Gadil family. The Spirit was INCREDIBLE! and that experience has changed me and my mission. Best lesson and feeling i have ever felt! And they kept their commitment and came to church even tho they have many persecutions from family!

Also at the trainings, President pulled me out to do a mini interview. He asked how my language is and if i can teach all the lessons in cebuano. There are a few i still need to work on so he told me to study and practice those. He also ask if i was ready to step to the next level and ready to take responsibility. I am nervous but i will do what the Lord calls me to do. All week he said he was impressed with my language and thinks im better than i realize. This gave me great hope! But i still have a long way to go... pray for me!

Scripture of the week.... Moroni 6:8

Gugma Kaajo
Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment