Mission Call

Mission Call

Dropping CJ off at the MTC!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

July 12, 2010

Hello to all!

This week has been busy as well! Im loving it here and im learning tons from my companion, Sister Barroca. My studies and prayers are becoming much more meaningful as i grow closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and rely on the Spirit. I still have A LOT to learn but im gaining faith and hope that i can do this!! I understand more and more every day.


Sister Barroca and I joined the stake choir and we are having fun practicing the songs for the Ormoc stake building dedication! S. Barroca has a beautiful voice and i love listening to her sing! We are constantly singing hymns and church songs in the apartment and while walking around and i love it! It helps me to focus and concentrate on the work! My spirit is really growing just from a simple thing like music!


This week i bought supplies for smores and we cooked them with the Tutor family! It was super fun. I liked sharing a yummy treat from America with my filipino friends :)


Ive been in and out of being sick and on Tuesday i decided that it would be best if i receive a priesthood blessing. It was a beautiful blessing that reassured me of the work im doing and the work that i will do. I am so thankful for the priesthood and the power that God can bestow through it. I felt the love of my Heavenly Father so strong and i knew that if He would have been the one here on Earth in Ormoc He would have said the exact same words.


The mosquitoes are really REALLY loving me here! I thought they liked me in Naval but they like me much more in Albuera! haha... It's rained a lot which is nice because it cools the air down! We actually had a long walk in the rain out to an appt one day cause getting a ride would have taken too long. It was good tho cause we just talked and it went by faster than we expected. Our investigators are doing good. We are trying to find lots more to teach! I love seeing investigators progress and when they choose to align their desires with our Heavenly Father's desires for them! We have had some experiences while teaching where the Spirit is so strong and their is absolutely no way i could EVER deny it. This church really is Christ's church here on here and we really have a prophet that leads us today. What a loving Heavenly Father we have to have restored so many truths for us to be able to return to Him someday! We are so blessed!!

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 28: 30,32
First we must understand that this life is about progression and progression is not instantaneous. It takes time.. line upon line, precept upon precept. Also, if we dont heed to the council we are given at first we wont be given more. If we dont receive more how can we progress? Also, what we do have will be taken from us. We need to constantly be striving to implement what we are taught so that we can progress and receive greater knowledge!
And remember that Christ is ALWAYS there... reaching out for us! He will never leave us alone! He will always be there waiting for you to come into His loving arms of mercy!

Gugma Kanunay
SIster Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment